A clogged drain can be a real nuisance – it can slow down your sink, bathtub or toilet, and make it difficult to get rid of wastewater quickly and efficiently. But don’t worry, a drain plumber can help you get the clog cleared out in no time! Here are some tips on how to get the best possible service from your local drain plumbers in Charleston.
Using a plunger
A plunger is a great tool to have in your toolkit when you need to clear a drain. A plunger slips down the drain and pushes the obstruction out of the way. Here are three tips for using a plunger:
- Make sure the drain is clear before using a plunger. If there is anything blocking the drain, it will prevent the plunger from going down far enough to clear it.
- Place the plunger over the obstruction and push down firmly. Be sure to move the plunger up and down along the drain to make sure it clears everything.
- If the obstruction doesn’t come out with just one push, try using a second plunger on either side of the obstruction to help dislodge it.
Using a plumbing snake
If you have a slow drain and you don’t have time to call plumbers in Charleston, try using a plumbing snake. A plumbing snake is a long, thin tube with a coiled end that is inserted into the drain. The snake moves around the drain, clearing any blockages.
Using a CCTV camera to inspect your drains
Charleston homeowners can use CCTV cameras to inspect their drains for blockages. A CCTV camera can help homeowners identify problems with their drains before they become serious. By inspecting the drains regularly, homeowners can prevent water from backing up and flooding the home.
Preventing blocked drains
Blocked drains are a common problem in homes throughout the Charleston area. If your drain is backed up, it can cause water to flood into your home and damage the flooring, walls, and ceilings. Here are some tips on how to prevent blocked drains:
- Clean out your drain regularly – Unblockages usually happen when grease, hair, and other objects build up over time. Make sure to clean out your drain every week or so using a plunger or bucket.
- Don’t pour grease down the drain – This is one of the most common causes of blockages. Instead, try to throw fatty foods like bacon grease and olive oil down the garbage disposal instead.
- Clear out tree roots – Overgrown tree roots can block drainage lines in your yard, leading to blockages in your home’s drainage system. Contact a professional to get rid of the roots for you.
- Use a strainer – If all of these methods fail to unblock your drain, try using a strainer. Simply place it over the drain opening and use your fingers to force any large objects down into the drainage system below.
Cost of blocked drain service
If you are in need of a blocked drain service in Charleston, there are a few things to keep in mind. First and foremost, always get a price quote from several companies. This way, you can be sure you are getting the best deal. Secondly, always schedule a service appointment as soon as possible. Blocked drains can become worse over time, and waiting could mean a costly repair later on. Finally, remember to clean up any debris that may have accumulated around the drain before the plumber arrives. This will help avoid any additional damage and costs during the service call.
If your home is in need of a plumbing repair, it is important to know how to use drain plumbers in Charleston. Charleston residents can use these tips to ensure that their home is repaired properly. First, it is important to determine the source of the problem. This can be done by checking the water pressure and using a plunger to unclog any clogs. If the problem persists, it may be necessary to call a professional.